So recently, I’ve been told repeatedly that I’m missing out by my refusal to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes. So I’ve decided to put out there a list of pros and cons on my watching this thing wildly heralded as the best thing since man discovered fire.
- Apparently the quality of the animation is inversely proportional to the state of the Japanese economy over the period it ran.
- People seem to like the characters I guess
- One man guiding his side to strategic victory against all odds. Repeatedly.
- Unbelievable pool of VAs, and number of characters.
- I’ve haven’t completed a series that ended this decade longer than 52 episodes.
- Anything done over as long a period tends to do poorly with me. (Don’t even ask my views on Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou)
- Has some sort of strange hype effect on me that über-popular shows don’t seem to have.
- Would not exactly be new territory for anyone who blogs anime anywhere (not that I’m exactly successful at this venture).
Seeing as I am still leaning no, are there any thoughts from the opposing camp from my audience of zero as to whether I should watch this?