Each year there seems to be an ever growing number of series that are fantastically action-filled and fun to watch as long as one does not care about such matters as plot or character development. I may not have watched much in the 2nd half of the year, but the winner of this category in 2016 was established before summer began. I’m decreeing that the award for Brainless Entertainment in the medium of anime is awarded to Big Order.
Previous winners of this award that I just made up for this post include Triage X, To Aru Majutsu no Index II: The Punchening, Sekirei, and Needless. Hell, I didn’t even watch that last one until I was getting utterly blitzed by endless panty shots, but I digress. The things these shows have in common are tons of fanservice shots, plenty of action, and the complete ability to have no idea what the plot was having watched all of it.
So here’s what one needs to know about Big Order*:
- Eiji is fucking clueless as a leader, but he knows he’s a mere puppet
- In the manner of Star Trek, Eiji’s crew sends him out because why the hell not, he’s the main character.
- Eiji is also into his younger sister…yeah in that way.
- Rin in funny for dying repeatedly in one episode, but because she’s immortal she keeps coming back for more punishment.
- Iyo is best girl
- Big Order also shows the most comical understanding of how humans reproduce in anime
- Half the 10 episodes are devoted to something like NTR bullshit, yet I still finished
If none of that has turned you off from watching the best brainless anime of the year, then go ahead and enjoy Big Order. I’m not being paid to say that either since who the hell would take my opinion on this blog seriously to begin with.
*statements may not be entirely accurate